First a quote: “A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.” – Peter Marshall
Good morning and happy Monday all.
I trust you had a safe and wonderful weekend, perhaps to relax, BBQ, enjoy friends and family, maybe even do a little reflection on the freedoms so many of us take for granted. That is exactly what our family did. And, we know how fortunate we are to be in a place where we could do all of those things. We are healthy, safe, have enough to eat, and are surrounded by friends and family who love us. I so wish that were the case for all Americans everywhere.
If you had to work this past weekend, or perhaps wished you could work and could not because of COVID-19, or some other reason, know my heart goes out to you. These are certainly difficult times. We face a myriad of challenges as a country, and as a society, and yet at the same time, we have much for which to be grateful.
I took time off from writing this holiday weekend to spend with the people I love. Knowing many of you look forward to the weekly quotes, I’m posting a few related to our country, our freedoms, and the holiday now past.
Thank you for choosing to check in. Be safe. Be healthy. Choose to be your “best self” and lead others, not back to normal, but forward to better. We can do better. And we will.
How will you love, live, or lead differently, or better this week?
Do you know someone who might benefit from this weekly leadership minute? If so, please feel free to pass along the subscription link below:
Click here to subscribe to Monday Morning Minute.
- “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?” – Brian Tracy
- “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.” – William Jefferson Clinton
- “Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” – Peter Marshall
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “May we never forget freedom isn’t free.” – Unknown
- “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay.” – Barack Obama
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
- “I’d like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free and wanted other people to be also free.” – Rosa Parks